It came. It went. Although the Launch Party happened, our Podcast lives on!
Sequins, tacos and funk. That’s what you could find at the Fairfax, Goodwill this past Saturday morning.
From 9-10 AM on November 16, 2019, we hosted the Launch Party for our NEW podcast, which was comprised of curated Goodwill racks from DC’s thrift influencers, free food from Chef Roro and upbeat tunes from our friend Reggie Volume.
At this event, attendees were able to shop curated racks, at a discount, from podcast guests and the following local thrift fashion influencers:
- (DC Sustainable Fashion Collective) // @DCSFCollective – DC’s only sustainable fashion organization that advocates for a more conscious, sustainable fashion economy.
- Femme Fatale DC // @FemmeFataleDC – Femme Fatale DC is a platform for womyn creatives and entrepreneurs to collaborate in sharing their passions.
- @Thread.Lift // Danielle of Thread Lift – Local sustainable fashion influencer and Finding Your Good blogger
- @TheLowLowStyle // Kelly-Lynne of The Low Low Style – Local sustainable fashion influencer and podcast guest
- @EatnStyleBlog // Amber of Eat n Style – Local sustainable fashion and lifestyle influencer and Finding Your Good blogger
- @Petite_Punk // Carolyn – Podcast guest, Finding Your Good blogger, Goodwill of Greater Washington’s and local thrift and vintage blogger
- @Jacquitabanana & @Leohanamagaly // Jackie and Leohana – Podcast guests, sustainable fashion influencers and founders of Our Restore, an emerging sustainable fashion brand that upcycles textile waste
- @CollabCreateDC // Elle of CollabCreateDC – Connecting and amplifying DC’s creative entrepreneurs, podcast guest
- HeartPrintandStyle // Vivi of Heart Print and Style – DC LifeSTYLE blogger with a focus on plus size style, podcast guest
- @PolicyandFashion // Tiffany of Policy and Fashion – A DC Career and lifestyle blogger and 1/3 of @districtqueens, podcast guest
- @E.S.A_Style1// Eugene of E.S.A Style LLC – A boutique agency specializing in personal, commercial, editorial styling and creative direction conceptualization
- Meet the forces behind Remake – Remake is a nonprofit that is igniting a conscious consumer movement to turn fashion into a force for good. Our original documentary footage brings you face to face with the women who make our clothes. We share facts and stories to help you break up with fast fashion and provide seasonal curated collections to remake your closet with fashion that respects women and planet.
Here are some images from the festivities: